39 Ways Working From Home Has Changed My Life
This morning as I was lying in bed, awakening from a sort of late night and waiting for my hubby to come home from his last night of midnights (he’s a meteorologist for the National Weather Center and has rotating shifts) I was thinking about how blessed I am to be working from home and how it’s changed my life.
1. I set my own schedule.
2. Flexibility to run my kids around when needed or just go to a doctor’s appointment without checking with someone first.
3. I set my earning potential. I can work as much as I want to make as much as I want.
4. I can take breaks whenever I need or want.
5. I make the coffee the way I like.
6. I can stop and browse the internet when I want.
7. I get to talk to all my friends on Twitter!
8. I can do laundry AND work at the same time!
9. I can take the day off if I need to.
10. I get to work in my jammies!!!
11. I can work as much or as little as I want.
12. I get to spend more time with my family.
13. I save money by not driving to work every day.
14. I save money by not eating out as much.
15. I can talk to my daughter on the phone as long as I want.
16. I can keep up with our family budget better.
17. I can Christmas shop on-line, in between article writing.
18. I get to decide what goes on my website or doesn’t.
19. I get to use my creative side more.
20. I love seeing other people truly appreciate my work.
21. I get to learn from others at my own pace.
22. I am making so many new friends, with similar interests on-line.
23. I get to choose where I do my work (have laptop, will travel)
24. I’m around for my kids and hubby when they need me.
25. I don’t have to grocery shop during the 5:00 rush hour.
26. I do much more shopping on line, therefore saving money and supporting other WAHMs!
27. I get to sit in my family room and smell the Christmas tree while I work.
28. The dog isn’t left at home, all alone.
29. I can sleep in with my hubby when he’s on evenings or midnights.
30. I can stay up as late as I want!
31. Dinners are usually better planned now that I’m a work at home mom.
32. I don’t have to pack a lunch!
33. I set my own goals and determine how I’m going to meet them.
34. I can still make money while not physically working by using affiliate programs.
35. I choose who I want to work with and/or for.
36. I can babysit my grandsons during the day, if needed.
37. I have more time to keep my house clean. (Shhh don’t tell anyone!)
38. I can do more things for the youth ministry my hubby and I are leaders for.
39. I LOVE what I do, all of it! There’s nothing I don’t like about working from home!
If you are considering becoming a work-at-home mom, these are the pro’s! The only con I can think of is it usually takes some time and effort to build up a successful work at home business. I am still building mine, but I know if I keep putting in the effort and time, working from home will be a dream come true for me.