Create Desire At Your Show
Sell The Benefit Not The Feature
In order to create desire at your home party you must focus on the benefits. You will improve your party plan presentation with these quick tips.
Benefits sell products, features do not. When you are talking about your products at a show, be sure that you are creating pictures for your guests using the benefits of a product.
What is the difference between a feature and a benefit?
A Feature Is About The Product
- The ball is orange.
- The whisk is stainless steel.
- The lip balm is petroleum free.
- The vest is a polyester/cotton blend.
A Benefit Is About The Person
- Lots of kids came up to Johnny to play because of his bright orange ball.
- The ball was easy to find when Johnny kicked it into the woods.
- You can put this stainless steel whisk in the dishwasher.
- This whisk will last a lifetime because it will never rust.
- The lip balm does not dry out your lips even more.
- This lip balm will stop the lip balm addiction, as it actually soothes your skin instead of drying it out more.
- You can put this vest in the dryer because it is a poly blend.
- You will never worry about this vest shrinking.
Relates to all products
This feature and benefit comparison will work with any product or service. Just sit down and list the features of all of your products, offers or services, and then write a list of benefits to the person next to the feature.
People Buy Emotionally
The next step is to create an emotionally charged statement with each feature and benefit on your list. People shop and purchase emotionally, so create and memorize statements that draw out the emotional benefits of a product.
- Johnny is so excited with all the new friends he made at the park today while playing with his orange ball.
- I can’t believe I will never have to buy another wire whisk in my whole entire life! And it goes in the dishwasher too!
- Ever since I started using this lip balm, my husband has commented on how soft my lips are.
- Today I was rushing around and just pulled this vest straight out of the dryer and threw it on. Wash, dry and wear. It is so simple!