7 Tips for Thrifty
Living - Seven quick things you can do today to save money.
Frugal Budget - How
to Plan your Budget so you can live more frugally.
10 Tips to
Decrease Monthly Bills
Save Gas While
Driving - Get more miles for each gallon of gas.
Financial Planning College Or Retirement
Frugal Reading - Book Reviews
Rat Race Blues
Book Review: Suze Orman's The
Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke
Cut Postage Costs
Budgeting Tips for Moms
25 Easy Money-Saving Tips
1. Cut out the soda and drink more
water! You'd be
surprised how much you will save.
2. Go over your grocery list. Try buying more
Most of the ones I've tried are just as good as their
3. Buy clothes and shoes for you and the kids from the
clearance racks. I have been buying my sons' school
this way for years!
4. Get movies from the library instead of renting them.
5. Same with books, borrow instead of buy. We usually
only read them once anyway.
6. Go on a picnic instead of going to the restaurant. It
is more fun and much cheaper!
7. Toss all your change in a "piggy bank" of some kind
let it accumulate for a few months or longer. You will
you struck it rich! (Not really, but it does add up)
8. If you have all the movie channels, cut them down a
Most of the movies rotate through them all anyway.
9. Do your laundry at night. The rates are cheaper.
10. Give your clothes an extra spin as it costs less to
a washer than the dryer.
11. Ask your credit card companies for a lower interest
rate. Sometimes rather than lose a good customer, they
will grant your wish!
12. Buy your holiday decorations AFTER the holiday. You
can save up to 75% or more.
13. Turn down your heat a couple degrees more at night
and throw on an extra blanket.
14. Clean behind your refrigerator at least once a year
get out all the dust and dirt that can cost you more
15. Save empty bread bags and grocery bags instead of
buying box after box of storage bags.
16. Keep your car tune and your tires properly inflated
to save money on gas.
17. Buy inexpensive fabric for cloth napkins, doilies,
18. Be creative when it comes to decorating. Use sheets
make curtains. Use an old quilt as a cozy wall-hanging.
Create an artful display with family photos.
19. Save the new, convenient plastic coffee cans with
Paint them, decorate them and use them for organizers
kids art supplies, your CDs, pens & pencils, food
recipes, craft supplies, etc.
20. Turn unused stuff into money. If you have a gift you
haven't used or that shirt you bought and never wore,
take them back to the store. You might not get full
but some is better than none.
21. Use petroleum jelly to remove make-up. It is much
more economical then beauty products made for
22. Hydrogen peroxide can be used to kill germs in cuts
and sores rather then expensive antibiotic medicines.
23. Make windowsill or container gardens and grow
herbs and fresh vegetables.
24. Instead of a night on the town, send the kids to
and have a romantic night at home.
25. Make and STICK TO a budget!
Find lots more tips, articles, and resources for your
home, family & business at
Terri and her husband Terry also offer a low-cost,
distributorship with unlimited support, and a complete
line of one dollar ebooks and software with full resell