Home-Based Business & Social Media Marketing
Social Media For Home Based Business
Twitter For Business
Twitter has become one of the most popular social networking sites today and is used in many contexts. Small business owners use it to post news items as well as promote various websites and blogs. Over time it has become a great tool for driving traffic to your blog, a task that is both important and a bit overwhelming at times. The following tips are designed to make this task a bit easier and show you just how powerful a tool Twitter can be when used correctly.
Visit Deb’s Twitter profile by clicking on the Twitter blue bird below and see some of the ideas that are mentioned below in action.
These tips for Twitter apply to all your social media marketing activities, not just Twitter.
- Change the default logo. After you create your small business account on Twitter, change the default logo to one that represents you. You may already have one in place, but if not you will be able to select from various options. The idea is to brand your business and a well-established logo will aid you in doing this.
- Build trustworthy relationships. People who use Twitter are there for a reason, to be social. Because of this, they want to feel as if they are engaging in personal conversations with real people. Always keep this in mind when posting information.
- Show up. Update your account frequently and make sure you post often. This will show you are visible and let your viewers know you are present.
- Complete the bio profile. Here you will include information about your business and any relevant information about yourself you choose to share with others. Don’t allow it to be too personal; remember you are running a business. You do want your customers to know who you are and what you have to offer them, so leaving this part out really isn’t an option.
- Brand your small business background on Twitter. Here you will be able to create an online billboard of sorts. When used properly, the background can help build the image of your business and highlight your brand. You will be given the choice of creating it yourself or using one of the tools available to you on the website.
Home Based Business Marketing
The good home based business marketers use Twitter as just one more technique to bring leads into their business. Professional Tweeters will rise to the top. There are so many to choose from on Twitter and so many to avoid that it is important that you set yourself apart from the masses by being professional and Tweeting with value. Twitter is just one home based business marketing technique.