Getting involved in a direct sales business can be a very easy way for someone to earn an income from home. One way to help maximize the amount of money that you can make with your direct sales business is to select a business that has web-friendly policies but, how do you determine a direct sales company is web-friendly?
After you have decided on the type of product that you would like to sell, you need to research which companies allow you to sell online.
Here are some questions to consider:
• Do they offer a website that consultants can utilize in order to make sales online?
• Are the company-made websites easy to navigate?
• Is it easy for your customers to place an order or sign up as a consultant?
• If they do not offer company-made consultant websites will they allow you to make your own website to sell their products?
• Does your company offer the use of an online party chat room?
• What restrictions do they have for online advertising?.
As a potential direct sales consultant that is looking for a web-friendly business you need to take the time to find out what types of online advertising are acceptable. Most direct sales companies have their own unique set of rules when it comes to online advertising. Some do not allow any online advertising.
If you do plan to pursue your business online, this is a very important consideration. Be very careful. Even if you see others in the business promoting online, if the agreement states that it is against the rules, do not believe your upline when she says you can “get away with it”. DO NOT DO IT! Many of these companies do police the internet, and you don’t want to feel reprimanded or hindered in your business after you’ve invested much time, money and energy. Choose a company that fits with your needs in advance. Don’t try to tweak one to work for you, unless you are 100% sure that it’s worth it.
However, if you fall in love with a company that has strict rules concerning how the company is represented online, do not let that discourage you from becoming a representative of that business. Find a quality up line and they will be able to assist you in learning ways to promote and network your business both offline and online while staying within company rules.