10 Ways to Look Younger Without Cosmetic Surgery
October 31, 2008 · Filed Under Cheap Beauty Tips, Stay at Home Sanity · Comments Off on 10 Ways to Look Younger Without Cosmetic Surgery
As work-at-home moms, we’re a busy bunch. With diapers to change, carpools to drive, houses to clean, and careers to build, it’s no wonder we may find ourselves looking a little tired! Just because we work at home doesn’t mean we should let our appearance go. Taking time on your appearance will give you a spring to your step, helping you to accomplish more throughout the day. Take back your pre-baby glow with these easy beauty tips that will erase years from your appearance.
- Take care of your skin. Use a mild cleanser formulated for your skin type in the morning and at night. Don’t forget to moisturize, and an SPF of at least 15 is a must to continue fighting the signs of aging. A skin care routine takes only minutes each day, but the benefits will last a lifetime.
- Apply concealer correctly. Dot concealer underneath eyes and apply as close to the lashes as possible, blending it into the inner corners of the eyes. Your concealer should be one shade lighter than your foundation, and you can add a yellow-toned concealer to cover particularly dark circles.
- Use a highlighter. Highlighting products contain light filtering pigments that give the illusion of lifting dark areas of the face, such as undereye circles, smile lines, and that little crease under your chin. Be certain to apply the highlighter below dark undereye circles, rather than directly on the dark area, to create the effect of brighter eyes.
- Avoid using powder foundation. These tend to accentuate lines. Instead, opt for a liquid or cream-to-powder foundation that matches the skin on your neck. An exception is today’s new mineral powder foundations because they are lighter in texture and formulated to benefit your skin.
- Make cheeks pop with blush. Avoid applying blush too close to the nose; press two fingers next to your nose as an approximate guide for where to end blush.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with pretty, sheer colors. Avoid frosts and metallics that may draw attention to crow’s feet and lines.
- Consider using a lip primer. To make your color last even longer, apply lip liner and blend over entire lip area. This will provide a base for your lipstick to adhere to. Next smooth on a light coat of lipstick to each lip. For sparkle, you can finish the look with a complimentary color of lip gloss.
- Define your eyes. Though you don’t want to be heavy-handed with your eye liner, don’t be afraid to use it to its full potential. Be sure you can see the line when your eyes are wide open. You may even want to extend the line just slightly past the outer corner for definition.
- Splurge on brushes. The right tool can make a world of difference. That’s not to say you need to blow $100 on a set of brushes used by the pros. You can often find high quality makeup brushes designed for precision application at your drugstore.
- Take care of your brows. Manicured brows can really brighten up your face. Most likely you can get a wax at your regular hair appointment, and the pain is minimal.
Say goodbye to the tired mom look by using some or all of these techniques based on your personal preference and daily routine. Choose a few for everyday or go all out for a night on the town! Keep in mind that implementing just a few extra steps to your beauty regimen each day can really make a difference in your overall appearance.